Bokoro High School

Bokoro High School
In front of my house

Monday, July 16, 2007

Home sweet home

I arrived home yesterday evening after a very long 30-odd hour trip. My ticket involved arrival in Montreal followed by a bus ride to Ottawa train station. Oddly, I was the only one on the bus, and so the bus driver kindly offered to drop me in Orleans. I was a bit out of it, and I couldn't remeber anyone's phone number, so I just decided to stick to the plan and go to the train station. I'm glad I did, as I was met by the sweetest welcome home gathereing complete with balloons and signs and flowers! Thank you St. George's! I felt so loved.

When I came home the first thing that I noticed when I went to my room was HOW MUCH STUFF I HAVE! What do I DO with all this stuff? I just stared in bewilderment into my enourmous closet and shook my head. Really, Gwen, really. What is this all about?

I think I willl be doing a a little re-evaluation in the near future.

I don't know if anyone is reading this anymore, but in the next few days I am going to try and get some pictures up and might edit and change a few things ( I am horrified by the typos!). Also, I think that I might continue to write here from time to time as I keep up with my school and dear friends in Lesotho, and post Help Leotho news and events.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome home Gwen!!!! I'm most interested in your integration back to the 'before' life and will check your blog regularly. Much love and praise God for your safety over all these months.
Marie O'Neill

Anonymous said...

Dearest Gwen..praise God for your safe journey over the last 5 months I will follow your blog with interest as you unfold and move forward with newfound experiences - we look forward to having you at the Aug 11 Help Lesotho Prayer Circle.
Ruth Mohammed
ps. do you have williams blog address

Anonymous said...

Gwen:

Welcome home. I loved reading your stories. You think your typos are bad??? Just read my stuff and it will make you feel much better.

Anthony

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!! Thanks to our heavenly father for his faithfulness. We learned sooo much from your writings and would love to hear more. I have read Dad many of them over the phone as he hasn't really tackled the internet, and he has enjoyed and lamented over them too. We are so happy to have you safely home, but we know you have left a part of yourself there. Talk to you soon. Love Aunt Janie